Monday 20 February 2012

tagged. twice!





So, there's tags and awards heading left, right and centre at the moment. And I like it. Learning about friends who I have met {read: have never actually met, but feel like we have} through this lovely blogging bizzo is really.. um.. lovely.

Blogging is a funny thing. If you're like me, you form a picture in your mind of what the blogger is like in real life based on their blogging style, photographs, and tales shared. And if they've vlogged, then you can find out if you were right. And be completely shocked if you were wrong. Either way, totally fun. Sorry folks. No vlogging happening here. Let's keep the mystery alive.

So.. back to the tagging business! My beautiful and dear friend, Lauren, of Sunshine & Green Tea fame, tagged me first. If you haven't been to visit her yet, do yourself a favour. Be patient with her at the moment though, her computer had a little meltdown, so she's been forced to take a bloggy break {sad face}. Then I was lucky enough to be tagged by another crazy beautiful talent, in Tamara. Yes, THE Tamara Erbacher. What the??! I have followed Tamara from her beginnings as Quarter of an Inch, and now here I am, little old me, chatting daily with her on Instagram, liking practically every. one. of. her. photos. She knows what she's doing after all. I used to read her blog and wonder how the hell she managed to raise five beautiful boys - yes FIVE - get all that knitting and craft done, not to mention all the gorgeous photography {though she won't call herself a photographer}. Tickled pink is what I am, to be tagged twice, by two wonderful women. And mamas {funnily, one to all girls and one to all boys!}.

Enough babble. Questions!

Describe yourself in seven words
Quiet. honest. observer. perfectionist. loving. home-body. mother.

What keeps you up at night?
Me time. Being a full time, SAHM, I have the teeniest, tiniest amount of time on my own. Our little ones are in bed at 6.30pm each night, so once all is clean and quiet, it's me time. Or us time. Whether that's separately, or together. It's blogging, crafting, catching up with the DVR. I know I should go to bed earlier, but I really do relish the quiet evenings when all I am in charge of is me. And I cannot make myself go to bed, even if my eyes are hanging out my head, until I have finished what I set out to do. Of course, some nights, the day's domestic duties have not been completed so there's always that. I try to get through everything before bed, because I hate adding to the load the following day. Of course, there's the usual kid stuff that keeps me up too {illness, thirsty, sleep-walking, breastfeeding, toilet etc}.

Who would you like to be?
Just me. I'm okay with me. I'm not the most successful, or most wealthy, or smartest. I always did well at school, but I had to work at it. I had a good score to get me to university. But I just didn't feel it was for me. The thought of more study when I really had no idea what it was I wanted to do, was a waste of my time. So I got a job locally, then went overseas at the tender age of 20. While I was living in Glasgow and London, travelling central and western Europe and Scandinavia, my old school friends were sitting in lectures. It was right for me and I don't regret not going. The only thing I ever really remember wanting to be? A mum. My life right now is the kids. Raising wonderful kids {attempting to at least}. And when they're all off to school {sob}, I have to put some dreaming into action and make a little business out of my little hobbies. I don't need to make millions (though I wouldn't complain if I did..), just enough for the groceries each week, or school fees. Enough to be comfortable.

What are you wearing right now?
Jeans and a black top. Both Sportsgirl. I rarely wear black. Or jeans. Hmm. I wonder what that means? And an awesome bloody, split lip from my son head butting me in bed last night, when I didn't even know he was there. Nice.

What scares you?
The usual parent stuff. I don't want to type it. You know what I mean. In addition, sometimes I see teenagers in the street, or at the shops, and wonder what our children will turn out like. Personal experience has shown me that it can be the smallest wrong decision that can shape a person, or send them down the wrong road. Even with all the right guidance and love and support. So I think that scares me.

What are the best and worst things about blogging?
Best :: Absolutely the connections I have made. The inspiration and warmth from other like-minded and crazy-off-the-wall-nothing-like-boring-old-me bloggers. Before I started my blog, I always read about the community in blogland. And now I am a part of it. And you know what it is? Lovely.
Worst :: Maybe the time it takes sometimes. Sometimes I can be super speedy and it's all done and dusted fast. Other times it seems to take forever. The words always come very freely, but the perfectionist in me means proof-reading and making everything just so before hitting publish. Something else ~ not necessarily the worst ~ is wondering whether readers perceive me/my writing the way I intend? Judging by the connections I have made, I am thinking this isn't a concern, but it's still there in the back of my mind.

What was the last website you visited?
Tamara's photography website. {Seriously Tamara, I'm not stalking you!}

What is one thing you would like to change about yourself?
Probably the control thing. I would love to be all {I apologise for what is coming but it was the first thing that came into my head} loosey goosey {I told you I was sorry}. I'm a virgo, so really it's not my fault. I blame my parents. And Ruby will blame us. Sorry darling.

Slankets - yes or no?
I just had to google slanket. So, no!

Tell us something about the person {people} who tagged you
Lauren :: She's the girl in the playground you want to play with. The girl you want to be best friends with. Whose style you want to steal. Whose laughter you want to share. Whose heart you want to love. And I got to do it all.
Tamara :: This one's a bit harder because I don't actually know Tamara. But from what I can tell, she has a beautiful spirit about her. She is crazy talented with a hook, or some sticks, or a lens. She makes sweet little men. Though I guess her husband gave her a hand with that. She is earthy, and grounded, and calm. {You would have to be, living with six boys!}

Now the fun part. I tag ~

Keri at Forever Folding Laundry
Nat at The boys and the birds
Lauren at Mummy's In The Kitchen
Anna at Hey Bubbles
Greer at Typically Red

No pressure ladies. Join in if you want to.

Thank God that's done. That took bloody forever!

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading this Tahnee. How you followed your gut when you were younger is so admirable, and I think there is much to be learned from world experiences that can never be taught in a lecture room.
    I look forward to seeing what you do with your hobbies in later years. It's been nice learning a bit more about you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the photo's are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers - and photos! I hear you on the evening 'me' time. It's so nice having that time to do what you like, without little people around. Lovely to get to know you a little bit more (and yes - I use lovely a lot too!). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me giggle, because you seem to write how I think! What's scary is I could've written all your answers! Including googling slanket. Haven't a clue! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so you're a virgo too..!!?! control issues.. x

      Delete
  5. Oh My goodness...I have goosebumps! What sweet sweet things you have said about me - I am humbled indeed. it's funny you know, you never really know who is watching you grow and develop through our tiny little spaces on the web. Anyway what fabulous words you have written here, they are tricky these tags aren't they - they require some honest introspection, it's actually fun:) We will surely meet one day. At least I hope so! xx Tam

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...